Monday, June 15, 2009

Easy Recipe: Chicken & Rice

My mom and I found this can at an antiques market a few years ago. It sits in my kitchen and holds Lipton tea bags. I'm a coffee drinker 99% of the time, but every now and then I have a cup of tea.

I love the can. I really like the pattern & colors, but mostly, I love it because I think of my mom every time I look at it.


I used the can's design to create my first recipe in my series of Easy Recipes. These recipes should be less than 10 ingredients and take very little time to put together. As a working mom, I know the importance of an easy meal that everyone will like! Little C, who is 16 months, loves this recipe.

The first recipe is the Chicken and Rice recipe my mom makes. It takes about 5 minutes to throw all of the ingredients into one pie plate, then the oven takes over and does the rest. You can make this dish, steam some veggies, throw some crescent rolls in the oven, and have an awesome dinner in no time.


Click here for the printable version.

Don't forget - if you have a recipe that is 10 ingredients or less and takes little time to prepare, let me know about it! I'd love to feature your recipe - just send a note to bigblueeyespress [at] gmail [dot] com

No comments:

Post a Comment