Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Alphabet Book

Not too long ago I completed a little project for my daughter. (well, I guess it was really more for me) I got the idea from a series I saw from KaBloom Studios. When I started it, I was in the middle of a photography class and saw it as a way to keep me motivated to practice the lessons I had learned.

While I believe it did help me to progress with photography, it really gave me an excuse to play in Photoshop. I learned that I was getting just as much, or more, enjoyment from choosing the colors, fonts, and layout for each page as I did setting up the pictures themselves.

The book took me about 7 months to complete. I took each picture and put together each page, as well as the cover. I think it is something that C and I will cherish for a long time to come. Any ideas for the next book?

DSC_2241



To see the full book, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! So cute and something you both will treasure for many, many years. I bet it will be come her favorite book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is so cute! My stepdaughter made a lovely one for each of my younger girls with the theme of that song, "A Your Adorable". It was really sweet and the girls look at them all the time, 2 years later.

    Found your site through blog hopping! I love it.

    ReplyDelete